Friday, January 18, 2013

Creating Your Own Happiness - Web Designer & Developer in ...

workout motivation

I know the photo above makes you think this is going to be your typical New Year?s Resolution let?s-get-in-shape-and-love-our-lives post. It?s not.

I?ve been toying with the wording and message of this post for a few weeks now? I always blog about awesome things in my life, at my job or out on the internet. Rarely do I talk about things that are ugly or hard or sad. But, I also hate when people online act like their life is always amazing? it creates this feeling that everyone else?s life is better than yours, or that there?s something wrong with not being perfect or happy all the time. So, here?s what?s been really going on around here.

2013 didn?t start exactly how I?d hoped. Without getting too specific (because the internet freaks me out a little? and some things should still stay private, even in this day and age), I went from this emotional high of creating New Year?s Resolutions and posting all these Facebook statuses about how amazing my life is, to realizing that sometimes life really sucks.

I spent the beginning of my New Year in a total funk. Eating my feelings, laying on the couch for hours, drinking wine instead of water. The usual. And then I logged onto my Facebook account and read this status that I posted the day before everything hit the fan.

?Reflecting on all the joys 2012 brought my way is just overwhelming. Overcome with gratitude. Looking forward to the new beginnings and adventures 2013 will bring. Motto for 2013: be present. Enjoy each day, and create your own happiness.?

Re-reading this was the kick in the ass I needed. I?ve been learning this month that there is so much in life that I can?t control, but being sad and down (while it?s okay for awhile) isn?t really a way of life. I gave myself time to feel sad, to cry, to drink? and now it?s time to move on, be present and create happiness.

So, with that being said, I?ve been working really hard on some goals for this year.

1. Realize that time for self-improvement is important (and worth it). I got off the couch and hired a personal trainer. Not only is it good for my body, but it keeps me focused on a goal and gives my mind less time to wander to unsavory places.

2. I?ve refocused on work ? we are doing some really amazing stuff right now for clients as well as for our own brand, and I feel really invigorated and excited to see what happens this year.

3. I?m tackling those little things that always seem to slip away ? walking the dog more often, keeping up with laundry, trying to cook more? the things that are SO easy, but somehow seem to never happen for me. It feels nice to get my life in order.

None of these things are that life-changing or amazing, but I feel happier and better already. Looking forward to continuing this year-long (and maybe life-long) journey of creating happiness for myself, not waiting for it find me or hoping that if I do everything perfectly, it won?t ever evade me.

How?s 2013 going for you? I hope it?s awesome, and if it?s not, know that nothing is permanent and you can start making those physical, emotional and spiritual changes right now.

Source: http://www.ashlinixon.com/2013/01/creating-your-own-happiness/

florida primary 2012 super bowl matthew broderick tax refund calculator huntington disease west memphis three taxes

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.